Travel and Venue
Find out where it takes place
About the University of Education, Freiburg
University of Education, Freiburg - Pädagogische Hochschule Freiburg:
How to get there
Airports in the vicinity of Freiburg, Germany:
- Frankfurt / Main International (Germany)
- IATA-Code: FRA
- Connection to Freiburg: High-speed train (direct connection, length of trip: approx. 2 h)
- EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg (Switzerland)
- Flughafen Zürich (Switzerland)
- IATA-Code: ZRH
- Connection to Freiburg: Train (changing trains in Zürich and/or Olten and/or Basel, length of trip: approx. 3 h)
- Flughafen Stuttgart (Germany)
- IATA-Code: STR
- Connection to Freiburg: Train (changing trains in Stuttgart and Karlsruhe, length of trip: approx. 3 h)
Information about railway companies and public transportation:
Site for all Pre-Conference Workshops
Participants of the pre-conference workshops on June 19 can either register at the University of Education or at the Waldhof conference center. For a foot walk of about 15 minutes between the University of Education and the Waldhof, please follow directions below:
Via public transportation from the main train station (Hauptbahnhof):
- Höllentalbahn to the train station near the University of Education
(the "Freiburg-Littenweiler" station) (regular train connection every 30 minutes until about 9 p.m.). From the Freiburg-Littenweiler train station it’s about a 15 minute walk.
- Take a left onto the "Lindenmattenstraße", walk past the University of Education, after about 200m veer right and follow the Waldhof sign.
- Turn onto the "Sonnenbergstraße". Continue uphill until you reach "Im Waldhof" street (third street on your left- NOT to be confused with the "Waldhofstraße"!)
- OR -
- Tram nr. 1: towards "Littenweiler"
... continuing on to the final station- "Laßbergstraße": from here about a 17-minute walk.
- Go up the "Lindenmattenstraße", cross the train tracks, pass the University of Education and follow the above directions.
- NEW: Taxi service (called "Anruf-Sammeltaxi") for an extra 2 EUR. The taxi drives between the final tram station and the Waldhof and can be reserved at the tram driver after entering the tram or by phone ahead of time. The number is 451-1-451. The taxi can also be reserved by phone from the Waldhof for a ride to the Laßbergstraße tram station. Be sure to call at least 30 minutes ahead of time to make your reservation.
- OR -
- Normal taxi from the main train station (Hauptbahnhof) to the Waldhof. Current price: approx. 15 EUR
- Coming from the Rheintal-Autobahn (A5):
Exit "Freiburg-Mitte" onto the B31 towards "Donaueschingen" through the city as well as through both tunnels then take the exit "FR-Littenweiler".
- Take a right where the tram loops around- the "Lindenmattenstraße" heading towards the "Pädagogische Hochschule" (University of Education).
- Veer right at the "Waldhof" sign onto the "Sonnenbergstraße" Continue uphill until you reach "Im Waldhof" street (third street on your left- NOT to be confused with the "Waldhofstraße"!)
- OR -
- coming from the Black Forest (B31):
Exit "FR-Littenweiler" before entering the tunnel, then turn right and continue along this road until you reach the first intersection with a traffic light.
- Take a right onto the "Lindenmattenstraße" (towards "Pädagogische Hochschule/Littenweiler"). Continue as described above.