"Das Freiburger Schreibzentrum nimmt in der Rolle als schreibdidaktischer Berater am EU Comenius-Projekt (2014-16) teil. Das Projekt zielt den Aufbau eines Online- Portals zur Entwicklung fremd- und zweitsprachiger Literalität in Schule und Hochschule an. Die Gesamtfördersumme beträgt 350.000 €. Bitte entnehmen Sie weitere Informationen dem u.g. englischen Text."
Rational behind WRILAB 2
The motivation behind the WRILAB 2 project lies in the consideration that, despite the fact that the iron curtain was physically broken down more than 20 years ago, cultural and linguistic barriers can still be observed between the countries involved in our project, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy and Slovenia, indicated by a general attitude of mutual distrust towards the “other”, however “near” they geographically are, and in the lack of motivation in learning languages shown by the ex soviet union block.
We believe that foreign language education can help to break down the cultural and linguistic barriers that still divide our neighbouring countries: in order to achieve this goal, we need however to promote teaching tools, methods and activities that would enable students to reach a linguistic competence that goes beyond mere survival language, by understanding the in-depth social and cultural aspects of the neighbouring language. From this perspective, teaching to write with proficiency in an L2, both at a personal and professional level, appears of the utmost importance, because it would raise the level of intercultural awareness.
As we are aware of the importance of the L2 writing ability in education, we have decided to team up to develop a virtual laboratory devoted to L2 writing in Czech, German, Italian and Slovenian.
WRILAB 2 addresses the needs of
- students of Czech, German, Italian and Slovenian studying one of these languages as a foreign language in one of the partner countries, both at secondary school and university levels;
- non-native (adults included) students from migrant backgrounds who need to improve their written language levels in one of the L2s included in the project;
- teachers in secondary schools and universities who teach Czech, German, Italian and Slovenian as foreign languages or second languages;
- employees in the tourism, journalism, commerce, public administration, or diplomacy sectors.
WRILAB 2 aims at
- offering free interactive language learning materials, specifically designed for the teaching of writing to foreigners in Czech, German, Italian and Slovenian as L2;
- paving the way for a discussion on a European level involving both universities and schools with regards to the methodology and the assessment criteria for the teaching of L2 writing;
- creating the appropriate framework for teaching writing to foreign students, ie. a Moodle based on-line laboratory where a vast typology of texts can be analyzed and explained and the students can be guided during the writing process, from the draft to the final revision;
- promoting the creation of virtual communities that will enable students to keep in touch with native speaker fellows and teachers to exchange materials and good practices;
- offering didactic writing workshops for teachers in the four L2s included in the project (Spring 2016);
- launching on-line writing courses (level from B1-C1) for each L2 involved in the project (January-June 2016).
What steps we will take
- Implementing the Moodle-based portal for WRILAB 2, January-March 2014
- Realizing a survey on L2 writing processes and strategies, January-November 2014
- Organizing a two-day kick-off meeting in Udine, 6-7 March 2014
- Creating teacher support materials for the web portal, April-December 2014
- Testing the teacher support materials, January-June 2015
- Evaluating the materials proposed, March-December 2015
- Launching on-line L2 writing courses, January- June 2016
- Offering one-day didactic workshops on writing for secondary school teachers and university lecturers, March 2016
- Organizing a two-day final International conference in Klagenfurt, at the Schreibcenter, May 2016
- Publishing a multilingual volume on L2 writing teaching methodology, December 2016
Who we are
Dipartimento di Lingue e Letterature Straniere, Università di Udine, Italy – leading partner: http://www.uniud.it/dipartimenti/dile
Schreibcenter, Alpen-Adria Universität Klagenfurt, Austria: http://www.uni-klu.ac.at/sc/
Pädagogische Hochschule Freiburg, Germany: https://www.ph-freiburg.de/
Ústav bohemistických studií, Univerzita Karlova, Prague, Czech republic: http://ubs.ff.cuni.cz/
Filozofska fakulteta, Univerza v Ljubljani, Slovenia: https://www.ff.uni-lj.si/ , https://www.centerslo.net/
Istituto Comprensivo Statale con insegnamento bilingue italiano-sloveno, San Pietro al Natisone, Italy
Istituto di Istruzione Superiore Ingeborg Bachmann, Tarvisio, Italy: https://www.tarvisioscuole.it/index.php/isis-i-bachmann.html
Gymnázium Na Pražačce, Prague, Czech Republic: https://www.gymnazium-prazacka.cz/
Gimnazija Ledina, Ljubljana, Slovenia: http://www.ledina.si/
Ministerstvo školství, mládeže a tělovýchovy, Prague, Czech Republic: https://www.msmt.cz/
Asociace učitelů češtiny jako cizího jazyka, Prague, Czech Republic: https://www.auccj.cz/
Camera di Commercio e dell’Industria Italo-Ceca, Prague, Czech Republic: https://www.camic.cz/
Ústav jazykové a odborné přípravy Univerzity Karlovy v Praze, Prague, Czech Republic: https://ujop.cuni.cz/