Evidence of qualified employment

Qualified employment in the field of education or in a language-related field could include employment in:
  • pre-school institutions (state or private), e.g. as kindergarten teachers, nursery nurses or playgroup leaders.
  • primary, secondary or further education (state or private), e.g. in state schools, children’s university, as private tutors, in language schools, at adult education centres or other cultural non-profit institutions (e.g. Institut Francais, British Council, Goethe Institut) or at universities.
  • publishing houses specializing in educational materials, e.g as author, consultant, developer of teaching materials.
  • other language-related fields, e.g. as translator, reader or editor, multilingual administrative assistant, or event manager.
Supporting documents must be verified (signed) and should be submitted with the application and should not be older than 10 years. Examples of supporting documents are:
  • certificates showing that the candidate has taken part in in-service training, workshops, internships,
  • certification given by employers (with details of the type of employment) or
  • internship protocols.

The University requires applicants to provide satisfactory evidence of their achievement and reserves the right to verify all qualifications declared by an applicant.

Evidence of English language ability

For applicants with a non-English-speaking educational background:

The following internationally recognized language certificates are accepted for entry into the course:

  • TOEFL (paper: 572 pts., computer-based: 227 pts., internetbased [iBT]: 87 pts.): Test of English as a Foreign Language des Educational Testing Service (ETS) (can be taken online here),
  • FCE (First Certificate in English), Cambridge ESOL, Grade B2,
  • IELTS (International English Language Testing System), Cambridge ESOL, Band 5.
  • international language certificates at or above B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference , e.g.
    • CAE (Certificate in Advanced English), Cambridge ESOL, Grade C1,
    • CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English), Cambridge ESOL, Grade C2.


  • a university degree in English or as a joint degree with English.
  • the European baccalaureate with English as first or second subject (pass)
  • work experience in an English-speaking country of at least two years duration (or part-time equivalent).
For applicants with an English-speaking educational background:
  • school-leaving certificate (e.g. A-levels etc.) which qualifies the holder for entry to university
  • a university degree completed in an English-speaking country.

Language tests must have been completed within 5 years of the starting date of E-LINGO, other courses must have been completed within 10 years of the starting date of E-LINGO.

TOEFL Test online

Take the TOEFL test online - appointments are available within in 24h!

TOEFL online

Back to Overview